To mark the 25th anniversary of the GSK IMPACT Awards, the new GSK Grow Programme was launched to support very small registered charities working in a health related field in the UK. It has a particular focus on supporting the least privileged and diverse communities in the UK.
Live Through This has been selected as one of the 11 successful charities to secure a place on the GSK Grow Programme. The other successful charities are:
- Breaking Barriers NW based in Bolton, aims to challenge the barriers to inclusion for disabled children, young people and their families providing support, activities and opportunities
- CoDa Dance Company uses dance to tell real life differently, delivering dance as a rehabilitation tool in hospitals for neurodisabled people and creating innovative digital dance experiences for curious audiences
- Fumble supports young people aged 11-25 to successfully manage their sexual health, relationships and mental health in the digital age
- GamFam provide help and support to anyone affected by the impact of gambling related harms
- The Maggie Oliver Foundation supports survivors of childhood sexual abuse and exploitation nationally to turn the pain of their abuse into power through emotional support and advocacy
- The Parent Rooms aims to support parents across Northern Ireland to improve their mental and emotional wellbeing and move into fulfilling and healthy lives
- Plasma of Hope supports individuals living with Sickle Cell Disorder and other related illnesses in Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley and Sandwell
- Suicide & Co supports people who are bereaved by suicide
- The Widows Empowerment Trust supports the widowed community (male and female) who have suffered a bereavement and are experiencing loneliness and social isolation in and around Manchester
- Youth@Heart is a cardiac charity who empower and support young people aged 15-24 living with congenital heart disease and their families across the South West of England and South Wales.
We are very grateful for this award and its associated funding, workshops and mentoring. We also recommend people to check out the other awardees and the fantastic work that they are doing!